Windstar Cruises expanded its fleet from three power yachts to six small ships. Their traditional power yachts which cut a striking image in the water with large sails are joined by three fully remodeled small ships.
The last to join the fleet was Windstar Cruises Star Legend shown here.
“I can’t imagine a more exciting time to be part of Windstar Cruises,” says Hans Birkholz, CEO. “The driving force to Windstar’s success is our unwavering commitment of providing a personal yacht-style vacation. Our ships are small, our ambiance: casually elegant, our service: personal.”
Wind Surf – 342 guests, 150 staterooms, 21 suites
Wind Star – 148 guests, 74 staterooms, 1 Owner’s Suite
Wind Spirit – 148 guests, 74 staterooms, 1 Owner’s Suite
Star Pride – 212 guests, 106 suites
Star Breeze – 312 guests, 156 suites
Star Legend – 212 guests, 106 suites
With the three new ships, Windstar offers voyages to areas of the world that were previously off-limits for its sailing ships due to speed or navigational constraints.
Guests are enjoying Asia, the Mediterranean and Australia aboard the refurbished ships, while the original sailing yachts spend more time in Tahiti and French Polynesia.
Each new all-suite power yacht has undergone a multi-million dollar, full stem to stern transformation, including overhauls of every public space, dining venue, and suite.
Highlights of the Star Legend transformation include:
- Bridge is now open for guests throughout the day
- Outdoor Star Deck expanded by 4 feet on each side providing more space for lounging
- Star Deck now offers a new counter-current pool and whirlpool
- Observation lounge on the top deck is transformed into a chic coffee bar and lounge
- Entertainment lounge renovated with new flooring, lighting, and furniture
- Club area redesigned with new contemporary furnishings, rich new flooring finishes, and plantation shutters
- Cardroom is now the Star Screening Room for current movies
- Veranda expanded outdoor seating complete with a courtyard and garden wall
Photos from Windstar Cruises
Ready to see one of their new ships or perhaps sail away on an original? Contact one of our cruise specialists to find out more!