Wind Star Cruises has launched the final ship in it’s recent expansion from three power yachts to six small ships! Now their traditional power yachts which cut a striking image in the water with large sails are joined by three full remodeled small ships.
The last to join the fleet is Windstar Cruises Star Legend shown here in May.
“I can’t imagine a more exciting time to be part of Windstar Cruises,” says Hans Birkholz, CEO. “The driving force to Windstar’s success is our unwavering commitment of providing a personal yacht style vacation. Our ships are small, our ambiance: casually elegant, our service: personal.”
Wind Surf – 122 staterooms, 31 suites, 2 Bridge Suites
Wind Star / Wind Spirit – 73 staterooms, 1 Owner’s Suite
Star Pride / Star Breeze / Star Legend – 106 outside suites, 100 Balcony and Ocean view suites
With the three new ships, Windstar is now offereing voyages to areas of the world that were previously off-limits for its sailing ships due to speed or navigational constraints.
Guests are enjoying Asia, the Mediterranean and Australia aboard the refurbished ships, while the original sailing yachts spend more time in Tahiti and French Polynesia.
Each new all suite power yacht has undergone an $8.5 million, three-week full stem to stern transformation, including overhauls of every public space, dining venues, and suites.
Highlights of the Star Legend transformation include:
- Bridge is now open for guests throughout the day
- Outdoor Star Deck expanded by 4 feet on each side providing more space for lounging
- Star Deck now offers a new counter-current pool and whirlpool
- Observation lounge on the top deck is transformed to a chic coffee bar and lounge
- Entertainment lounge renovated with new flooring, lighting, and furniture
- Club area redesigned with new contemporary furnishings, rich new flooring finishes, and plantation shutters
- Card room is now the Star Screening Room for current movies
- Veranda expanded outdoor seating complete with a courtyard and garden wall
Photos from Windstar Cruises
Ready to see one of their new ships or perhaps sail away on an original? Contact one of our cruise specialists to find out more!