Oceania Cruises executes an impressive Shore Tour Program with a multitude of options to enhance your cruise experience. From their Culinary Discovery tours to the Executive Collection, Oceania offers unique cultural experiences and once-in-a-life adventures in more than 600 ports around the world.
After years of sailing on Oceania and booking clients on everything from 7-day Caribbean cruises to World Cruises, Cruise Specialists staff thoroughly understands the Shore Tour Program and can offer insight to help you make the best choices for your next Oceania cruise. Cruise Specialists exclusive Shore Excursions are also available on our hosted groups. Learn more here.
Shore Tour Program Overview
Oceania groups shore excursions into ten categories to give you a better idea of what to expect. Each category emphasizes a specific interest or activity. Oceania also provides the activity level from Minimal Activity Required (think sightseeing via glass-domed rail) to Strenuous Activity (such as hiking or climbing many steps) so you can select shore excursions at your activity level.
- Beyond Blueprints – If you are a curious traveler and would like to learn more about what happens behind the scenes at some of the world’s most iconic landmarks, these tours are for you.
- Culinary Discovery Tours – Oceania is known for their culinary brilliance, and they take it to a new level on culinary shore excursions. Shop food markets ashore with Chefs or enjoy a delightful meal with locals in a private residence or chef-selected restaurant.
- Evening Excursions – Enjoy attractions, animals and cultural enrichment that can only be experienced in the late evening or at night. These options are perfect for itineraries that include overnight port stays.
- Executive Collection – If you have something special in mind, Oceania offers the flexibility of a private car and personal driver in many destinations.
- Food & Wine Trails Tours – Meet locals that produce some of the best and most authentic food in the region. Enjoy a wine-paired luncheon or leisurely drive through quaint farmlands.
- Go Green – Learn how residents and businesses are working to conserve and sustain their communities. From sustainable agricultural tours to reforestation projects, these shore excursions provide an opportunity for guests to engage or contribute in many ways.
- Go Local – Connect deeply with the local community. These small group tours allow you to mingle with locals and learn what a typical day is like for them.
- Oceania Exclusive – Limited to just 16 guests, these tours are flexible and intimate. They may include visiting UNESCO sites, or a private tour and lunch at a historical château.
- Oceania Select – Earning special recognition, these awe-inspiring tours provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience and are ideal for guests that are looking for a more in-depth experience.
- Wellness Discovery Tours – Focusing on healthy living, these unique tours curated by Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center nourish your mind, body and spirit.
Tips from Cruise Specialists
“Our World Cruise guests rave about our exclusive shore excursions. These private tours provide a uniquely special experience that our clients prioritize booking before exploring alternative options. The carefully selected choices delight them, and we consistently receive feedback on how much they thoroughly enjoyed the experiences.” – Heather Visser, Shore Excursion Manager
“I encourage my clients to try Culinary Discovery Tours. It is not often that you get an opportunity to learn from some of the most talented chefs in the world.” – Bridgett Quinn Webber, Cruise Specialists Cruise Consultant
“If the shore excursion you want is sold out, be sure to get on the waitlist. Oceania works hard at clearing the waitlists. Even when you get on board there is a good chance the shore excursion you want will be available.” – Gayle Takashima, Cruise Specialists Cruise Consultant
“I recommend clients book Oceania shore tours. Should a port get cancelled or changed you will be taken care of and Oceania will let you know the excursion changes. There will be a replacement offer or a refund on what you paid for the excursion.” – LynnDee King, Cruise Specialists Cruise Consultant
Learn about Oceania’s newest ship, Vista, in these insightful posts: