Cruise Specialists staff recently had the pleasure of cruising on Oceania’s spectacular ship, Vista, roundtrip from Los Angeles and provided another insightful update including helpful tips and suggestions for guests considering sailing on Oceania Vista.
“This ship is stunning! The details in every room are a surprise and delightful” commented Cruise Specialists Director of Sales, Susan Rios.
Elegant, Spacious Accommodations
Each and every stateroom and suite on Vista includes a veranda, tranquil-toned décor, luxurious furnishings, oversized rainforest showers, large vanities, Bvlgari bath products and more storage than any previous Oceania ship – setting a new standard for Oceania. “I was impressed with the amount of storage space in my suite. My Penthouse Suite included two sets of double closets, five full-size drawers in the bathroom and plenty more drawers and shelves in the main living space. Having ample storage options will make a big difference for guests that are going on longer voyages, such as a World Cruise,” points out Susan.
New Epicurean Delights
Oceania has long held the title of serving The Finest Cuisine at Sea®, with locally sourced fresh ingredients, special consideration for the ambiance for each venue and inventive recipes created by world-renowned chefs. Vista has several exciting new dining and beverage experiences on board. In addition to the Grand Dining Room, Terrace Café, Waves Grill, Polo Grill, Red Ginger and Toscana (all complimentary); and Privée (the only dining venue with a nominal fee), there are two new dining venues – Ember, featuring American cuisine reminiscent of a Napa tasting room and Aquamar Kitchen, featuring wellness-inspired cuisine.
The new Coffee House is a delight every morning, with aromatic coffees and fresh pastries. Later in the day, you can stop by for light snacks and cocktails. Guests can also enjoy new wine pairing options and creative mixology experiences throughout the ship.
“The Master Chef Jacques Pépin created a foundation to build upon and it shows. If you are a foodie or enjoy wine pairings, bring your friends on this ship – it’s a home run,” advises Cruise Consultant, Teresa Skeim.
Comments from our staff on their dining experiences:
- Room service was my choice for breakfast and it did not disappoint; fast delivery, with my eggs perfectly cooked, delicious coffee served in silver, and fresh water in crystal glasses! Wonderful way to start the day. – Susan Rios
- The Grand Dining Room was bright and glamorous yet serene. The Thai lobster was a smashing hit! – Teresa Skeim
- From the perfectly placed Versace China in the Polo Grill, gorgeous ceiling mural in Toscana, napkins folded into fortune cookies in Red Ginger, and Art Deco décor in the dazzling main dining room – the details in each dining venue were innumerable. – Susan Rios
- Aquamar Kitchen was my favorite restaurant for lunch. The fresh ingredients will surprise your tastebuds. A must-try for sure. – Teresa Skeim.
- The comfortable “resort casual” dress was lovely! I dined in the Polo Grill and the Grand Dining Room – both were gorgeous, food was wonderful, and the ambiance outstanding. – Cruise Consultant, Gillian Clark
- Founders bar was THE place to go, and we were lucky to get a seat! The ingredients used for the hand-mixed cocktails were over-the-top creative, and the artistic techniques used to “cook” the cocktails wowed us. One signature drink worth mentioning is The Benevolent Dictator – featuring a mix of various liquors along with Silver Trident winery ice ball in the center! – Susan Rios
Greg Walton of Studio Gado was directed to achieve a high-end residential vibe when designing Vista. His team nailed it! Throughout the ship you will find impressive original artwork and tile murals. Light taupe is the primary color with accent colors defining each venue. The overall feel is very soothing. “The ship was very well planned out. It is easy to navigate and I appreciated the soft and subtle warmth of the décor,” commented Cruise Consultant, Gillian Clark.
The Library is spacious with four separate sitting areas and thousands of hardback books and a few board games. A cozy sanctuary to relax and enjoy a favorite novel. “I loved the comfortable and inviting feeling of the library, with numerous interesting selections of reading material,” commented Susan.
The new Artist Loft allows you to embrace your inner artist with workshops on watercolors, photography, or drawing. You can also perfect your photo editing skills, learn how to embrace social media or to take a post-worthy video on your smart phone with complimentary digital learning classes.
The new Culinary Center is a treat for all level of chefs. The modern cooking school has 24 learning stations where you can enjoy a hands-on demonstration, discover new or regional techniques, and hear from distinguished chefs. You can even head ashore on a chef-led epicurean adventure on a Culinary Discovery Tour.
Outside, the pool deck feels like a high-end resort. Screens separate various spaces which give the deck visual appeal and privacy. The chaise lounges all have cloth liners with towels placed just so! You’ll notice organic textures such as wood accents, intricate tile work and calming tones throughout creating a very attractive space.
Staff Reflections & Recommendations
“The takeaway for me was the ability to learn new things with the variety of classes offered, bonding with others while enjoying inventive recipes, and feeling as though you are at a high-end resort. This ship is a real treasure, bravo Oceania,” commented Teresa Skeim.
“Vista has a charm that is maintained by the staff. They were happy and friendly – they make the atmosphere on board. The ship itself is a beautiful well-appointed vessel with comfy areas to relax and take in the sea. It was a really nice getaway,” summed up Cruise Consultant, Joe Lucero.
“For longer voyages, such as the 2026 World Cruise, book the Penthouse Suite as early as possible. Without a doubt they will all sell out – likely within 30 minutes of the voyage opening up for sale. I also highly recommend pre-booking any classes, tours and dining reservations you have your heart set on,” recommended Teresa Skeim.
A fresh perspective on Oceania’s small, luxurious ships, Vista’s modern, tranquil style and services exceeded our expectations and certainly rivals some of the most luxurious ships at sea.
View Vista Cruises >>