Welcome to the world of yachting. There are distinct differences between this type of ship and a traditional ocean cruise that lead aficionados to classify yachting in its own category.
A highly-flexible mode of travel, your yacht captain may adjust the amount of time in port to take greater advantage of local attractions, or stray slightly off course to follow a pod of orcas or other wildlife.
Yachting is beloved for its country-club casual atmosphere. With fewer guests aboard, there are built-in opportunities for spontaneous meet-ups with fellow guests. There are no formal nights, yet cuisine is rated as five or six star.
And the destinations? Yachts pull into the most charming boutique ports around the world, and within minutes of dropping anchor you can be on your way for a day of strolling through shops, meeting local artisans, trying regional wine or visiting a world-class beach known only to a select few. Increasingly, our cruise line partners are introducing expedition yachts that will bring you to the furthest reaches of the globe in style and comfort.
Crystal Yacht Cruises
Navigating the world’s most exclusive harbors aboard Crystal Esprit, you will feel as though you have entered a private club, with an award-winning team dedicated to serving you. The all-suite ship features gorgeous interiors and inviting social spaces. Cuisine is imaginative and Michelin-star quality, with casually-elegant dining, all-inclusive vintages and other complimentary beverages throughout the course of your voyage. All the while, enjoy a host of complimentary excursions and top-of-the-line water toys such as snorkels and kayaks, directly from the yacht’s onboard marina.
Ship: Crystal Esprit
Capacity: 62 guests
Crystal Esprit delights guests in celebrated ports throughout the Seychelles, the Adriatic and the West Indies (Caribbean).
Accommodations & Dining
- Six-star dining in The Yacht Club
- Additional dining venues feature freshly-prepared, regionally-inspired cuisine and “on the go” snacks, to satisfy any craving, night or day
- Suites with plush king or queen size beds and
- Suite bathrooms with rain showers, ETRO bath amenities and natural stone
- Deep-sea submersible and Wider 43 speedboat, perfect for private adventures (additional cost)
- Complimentary Jet Skis, snorkeling, paddle boards and kayaking from ship’s marina
- Top-quality bicycles available in select ports
- Choice of complimentary Crystal Adventures, ranging from cultural adventures to soft or extreme adventures
Crystal Cruises will also debut Crystal Endeavor in 2020. With 100 suites catering to 200 fortunate guests, it is billed as the world’s premier luxury expedition yacht. Built to PC6 polar class specifications, the ship will explore the Arctic, Antarctic, and other remote destinations around the globe.
Ponant’s yacht fleet treats guests to five-star luxury and a travel experience that is authentic and sophisticated. Explore the far reaches of the world while enjoying elegant and spacious accommodations, and all-inclusive cruise fare. Dine on French and international cuisine in the elegant Gastronomic Restaurant, which features a fine wine cellar, or enjoy a casual meal at the Grill Restaurant, which includes an area for al fresco dining.
Capacity: 264 guests
Ponant brings its privileged guests to the Arctic, Antarctic, and just about everywhere in between. Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, North America, Pacific islands and Oceania – all remarkable destinations with wild expanses and breathtaking beauty. Beginning in 2018, Ponant debuted the first of six new expedition yachts. With only 184 guests and 100% balconies these ships offer access to explore like never before.
Accommodations & Dining
- New, state-of-the-art luxury expedition vessels
- Purpose-built ships with expedition hardware and luxury software
- Butler service for suite guests
- Spacious staterooms and suites with 95% balcony staterooms.
- All-inclusive dining, open bar, gratuities and more
- Unique itineraries reaching seven continents
- Exploration via Zodiac with a team of Naturalists (on Expeditions)
- Pool and sun deck (sun deck only on Le Ponant)
- Onboard spa with fitness room, massage and luxury treatments
- Lectures led by naturalists, experienced guides and specialists
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours
As the world’s first discovery yacht, Scenic Eclipse will embark on her maiden voyage in early 2019. She will marry luxury, discovery and safety, and provide guests with an opportunity to explore above and beyond what was previously unimaginable.
Fully all-inclusive, you’ll enjoy all meals onboard, unlimited complimentary beverages, butler service, expert-led shore excursions, complimentary Wi-Fi internet, all tipping, gratuities and porterage, and much more. Every spacious suite includes a veranda.
Ship: Scenic Eclipse
Capacity: 228 guests
Destinations include Antarctica, the Arctic, the Mediterranean and the Americas. Complimentary Zodiac, kayak and snorkeling adventures bring you closer to the action. Scenic’s expert Discovery Team accompanies every cruise and offers unique insights into each destination.
Accommodations & Dining
- Six onboard dining options
- In-suite dining with 24-hour room service
- Personal service with a 1:1 staff to guest ratio
- Almost every suite on every vessel offers a balcony and a river view
- Opulence of a five-star hotel with Egyptian cotton sheets and hand-finished details
- Two seven-seater helicopters
- One seven-seater submarine
- 12 Zodiacs
- Snorkeling & scuba equipment
A sister ship to Scenic Eclipse is scheduled to launch in 2020.
Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
Ritz-Carlton will introduce its world-renowned brand to the boutique harbors of the world in early 2020. It is promising an energizing, yet relaxed experience, for those wishing to “satisfy your deep curiosities, awaken new passions, and foster the spirit of adventure that makes travel so rewarding.”
Ships: 3 ships, forthcoming, each holding 298 guests
Inaugural season destinations include the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Northern Europe, and Canada & New England.
Suite amenities and features:
- 149 spacious, all-terrace suites
- Dedicated Personal Assistant for all suite categories
- Private terrace overlooking the ocean
- Luxury queen bed sleep system
- Luxury bed and bath linens created exclusively for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Double vanity bathrooms
- Luxury bath amenities
- 24-hour in-suite dining
- State of the art espresso machine, with complimentary coffee and teas
- In-suite refrigerator, stocked with complimentary craft beer, juices, soft drinks and water
- Complimentary WiFi
- Priority reservations at The Spa and Aqua (The Owner’s Suites)
Did you know that Cruise Specialists can charter a yacht for you? In fact, yachts are an ideal solution for family getaways and groups. Whether an all-ages family trip, an adults-only wedding celebration, or a custom trip planned for your club or organizationn, a charter is a unique opportunity for togetherness, discovering, discussing and sharing.
Our team at Cruise Specialists has in-depth experience in yachting and can help you select the right ship and destination for this special type of getaway.
Just call us at 888-359-1415 and we’ll be happy to share our personal insight. As always, our planning services are complimentary!