When AmaPura launched in 2014 it was done with the style and flair that AmaWaterways has become accustomed to providing. Guests onboard the AmaPura were greeted by a local dance group, who put on a spectacular cultural performance prior to the ship’s departure for Myanmar.
As this new destination continues to intrigue travelers, we wanted to take a closer look at the ship providing access to this mysterious land.
Seven separate categories of staterooms and suites are available:
- upper deck with outside balcony Category SA staterooms measure 290 square feet
- economical Category SC- SG staterooms on Main Deck that measure 285 and 290 square feet
- two spacious Category SB suites situated all the way at the stern on Upper Deck at 420 square feet and including both French and full step-out balconies, an oversized bedroom and living area, and a substantially larger bathroom that comes complete with a bathtub
Still, there is no such thing as a bad stateroom: Every single stateroom aboard AmaPura features a private balcony.
“AmaPura offers travelers an ultra-comfortable, elegant experience, combined with an immersion into the local flavor and culture of Myanmar, which has recently been ranked one of the fastest-growing, emerging destinations in the world,” Karst says.
The ship was designed to provide an unparalleled, ultra-comfortable experience and is beautifully furnished with a combination of traditional and modern.
Onboard you will find many things to further immerse you in this destination:
- Cultural shows and activities about Myanmar
- Regional cuisine, as well as traditional Western fare
- Traditional Asian spa services
- A pool to enjoy the passing scenery
Learn more about sailing with AmaWaterways to Myanmar!