If you’ve ever thought you pack to much for a week long vacation, do you really need 13 pairs of shoes, imagine what it’s like to consider over 100 days at sea! Beyond the planning and preparation to be away from home, there is a lot to remember for your stateroom to ensure that it feels like a true home away from home!
Our intrepid Cruise Specialists hosts have been on countless voyages around the world, so we asked them what are some of the most important, surprising and often forgotten items that every world cruiser needs?
Make it Cozy
- Febreeze to use as room spray
- Magnets are so useful on your stateroom walls.
- World map is a great way to track your progress on the wall. (Free for AAA members)
- Download books on tape–especially travel books for some of your destinations
- Bring some of your favorite treats from home
- Holiday decorations (banners for door, balloons, etc)
Make Life Easy
- Personalized stationery and greeting cards (cards could be purchased in ports)
- Post-it notes, scissors, scotch tape, rubber bands, high-liter (the usual)
- 2nd bedside clock as cabins usually have only 1
- Zip-lock bags
- Dryer sheets
- Small roll of bubble wrap from Target or Office Depot for packing valuable souvenirs
- Memory stick for sharing photos
- External hard drive for backing up photos on computer
- Power strip (layout of cabins are better, but still handy in some situations)
- Digital camera: take a picture of the Ship’s Daily cover page, before going out on tour. (Shows the date, weather, place, time of being back on board)
- 24 pocket plastic clear organizer to hang in the bathroom for toiletries
- Bring calling cards with suite #, names, email address (Free from Vistaprint.com)
- Small flashlights
- Costumes for theme nights
- Spot remover stick
- Pop-up laundry basket
- Pictures of your loved ones and your pets
- Small LED night light for bathroom
- Extra batteries for cameras, watches, etc. and a small knife to open watches if so inclined.
- Loctite Professional Super Glue (excellent to repair jewelry, shoes, glasses, etc., and may be purchased at Lowes and Home Depot)
Plan Ahead Like a Pro
- Day pack for your excursions
- Spare readers and prescription glasses
- Disposable rain ponchos
- List of prescriptions and dosage
- Photo copies of charge cards, passports, visas and medical cards
- Small first aid kit for those unexpected blisters or whatever else pops up
- Arrange with your health insurance company to get a four month supply of your regular medications.
- Extras of your favorite make-up, shampoo, etc
- List of passwords and logins you might need
- List of addresses and phone numbers of all your family and friends especially if you won’t be using your smart phones while on board
- Home security system with audio 2-way on app–monitor on cell phone via wi fi
- International calling add-on for cell phone or Skype
- Place automobile on “vacation” with insurance company (usually 3 months allowed)
We’ve got plenty more world cruise travel tips coming from our hosts, but as always our team of Cruise Specialists Experts are here to help make booking and enjoying your world cruise easy!
Contact us today to start planning: (888) 993-1318.