We’re not just bragging about ourselves when we tell you we’re a top producer for Holland America Line, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Cunard Line, Seabourn, Silversea and other cruise lines.It means our clients receive special benefits and recognition aboard every voyage and our team intimately knows the details of every voyage, helping you to decide what is the best world cruise for you!
Today we try to answer a couple of your biggest questions! Is there a difference between grand voyages and world cruises? How do I pick the best world cruise?
Grand Voyage Vs World Cruise
Due to different naming conventions from each line, we often receive questions about the distinction between these two types of sailings.
Originally a grand voyage indicated a long sailing within a specific region of the world, while a world cruise specifically referred to a sailing that circumnavigated the globe.
“A Grand Voyage cruise incorporates the best parts of a world cruise – such as unique and exotic ports of call – yet focuses on one major region of the world, such as Asia/Pacific, South America, or the Mediterranean.
Grand Voyages are typically two or three months long and provide an in-depth experience that travelers would not receive on a shorter cruise,” explained Annie Scrivanich, Senior Vice President, Cruise Specialists.
That is no longer the case, so rather than focusing on the name of the voyage, we work with our guests to select sailings that visit ports of interest and explore the benefits of a 60 day in depth journey with an 180 day round the world adventure.
No matter whether you’ve selected a Grand Voyage or World Cruise, Cruise Specialists is going to make your cruise even more memorable.
Cruise Specialists Benefits
As one of these cruise lines’ top representatives worldwide we are important business partners for these and other cruise lines. That means we have access to these benefits for our clients:
- Exclusive Rates
- Onboard Amenities
- VIP “Behind the Scenes” Access
- Advance Notice on New Itineraries and Departures
- Cabin Availability on some “Sold Out” Cruises
- Direct Line to Top Executives for Any Necessary Problem Solving
The Voyage Hosts ensure each guest feels welcome, escort clients on Cruise Specialists shore excursions, assist with any special requests, and in general, serve as a personal resource for Cruise Specialists clients.
Recently we told all about why hosted voyages are one of the best things we offer to enhance your trip. But our hosted cruises are about more than the wonderful people we hire:
We are able to leverage the substantial number of Cruise Specialists client onboard to provide you a range of additional benefits.
This can include:
- special “volume” cruise pricing
- access to our exclusive shore tour program
- additional amenities such as shipboard credits or pre-paid gratuities
Since the lineup of benefits varies from itinerary to itinerary your Cruise Specialists Cruise Consultant can review all the details for any departure you are considering.
As a Cruise Specialists client, you’re in very good hands.When host Tom Mullen was asked to share some of his favorite hidden spots for taking guests during stops on the world cruise he responded “If I told you they wouldn’t be hidden gems anymore!” and then he couldn’t share that very special moment with guests.
We also asked our hosts how they make a sailing special and here is what they said:
- We take them to dinner at the Pinnacle or the Canaletto Restaurant.
- We give them a cocktail party, once a month.
- We give them a tote bag and jacket.
- We have chat time every sea day for at least one hour.
- We have a special get acquainted lunch for our new Cruise Specialists guests.
- We have special exclusive tours with our own buses.
- We give anniversary and birthday cards and decorate their doors.
- We send Valentine’s, St.Patrick Day cards and chocolates.
- We are always there 24/7 for them, when they need us for assistance.
- We try to solve any problem they may have.
- We do lots of paper work and planning for upcoming tours.
- We keep in contact with the Seattle or CA office, to let them know of any situation.
- We email the local agents of our upcoming tours.
- We keep in touch with our client’s agents of any changes, etc.
- We bond on our tour buses, especially on overlands.
Wherever your wanderlust may be pointing you next, we have the right Grand Voyage or World Cruise to make it special. Let Cruise Specialists make your sailing even more memorable with our exclusive benefits.