Recently we shared with you the behind the scenes of how and why single supplement charges are part of the booking process and what you can do to lower them.
We hate to see that be the reason someone misses out on a fabulous solo vacation, so we are excited to see that some lines are making changes regarding the single supplement policy.
Current single supplement waived cruises:
- February 2016, the 2,650-passenger Holland America Line Koningsdam
- November 2015, Antarctica sailing on the Quark Expeditions Ocean Endeavor
- Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas sailings
- Cunard’s Queen Victoria has 9 solo cabins
- Tauck European River Cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Lines offers studio cabins on the Breakaway, Getaway and Epic
Crystal Cruises and Silversea Cruises also offer reduced fees on single supplements.
Each of the ships have also added features like hosts and special invites that ensure solo travelers always have someone to dine with, dance with or enjoy their time on the ship. It’s another reason we love the more intimate size of small ship and river cruising, which allow for the easy formation of friendships aboard.
Contact our knowledgeable cruise consultants to find out the best ships and itineraries for traveling solo. Occasionally Cruise Specialists can secure special pricing for single cabins and we want to pass on these savings to you.
Don’t let traveling as a single stop you from exploring the world!