No matter where your heart desires to travel, Cruise Specialists has the passion, the experience and the dedication to create your perfect trip.
Known as cruise consultants or travel advisors, our knowledgeable, friendly and approachable team members have decades of experience, along with exceptional connections within the industry to save you time and money in the process of creating the right travel experience for you.
What is Cruise Specialists?
Cruise Specialists originated in 1987 as a cruise-focused travel agency. We were founded on the principles of being extremely responsive to clients and getting to know their preferences. Many of our cruise consultants and other team members have worked for at least one cruise line in their career (including working on World Cruise ships), and all of them have cruised extensively and recently — giving you a distinct advantage over booking directly with the cruise line, or through other travel agencies. Our emphasis remains on luxury and premium cruising – including river and expedition cruising. One of our best kept secrets is that we also arrange luxury land tours, including rail journeys and safaris.
One of the biggest misconceptions about booking through a travel agency is that it will cost more. This is simply not true. First, Cruise Specialists negotiates special group rates with the cruise lines. Whether you are a solo traveler, a couple, or a larger group, you will benefit from the pricing that Cruise Specialists locked in well in advance of most other travel companies or individuals. We then pass these savings directly on to you. There are also no extra fees to have Cruise Specialists do the work for you. While online booking services often advertise lowest price, we emphasize our high levels of service and the benefits we provide to you, while still providing you competitive pricing. Because of this, the value proposition in working with a travel agent is so much higher than by booking directly with a cruise line or an online travel agency. But don’t let our traditional values fool you: we’re accessible on the web 24/7, and our agents are available via phone or email no matter where you live.
The World Leader in World Cruising
There are many types of travel that our clients enjoy, but we are best known for our longtime reputation as The World Leader in World Cruising. Over 31 years, Cruise Specialists has assisted more than 10,000 guests in fulfilling their dreams of circumnavigating the globe.
A World Cruise is at least three or four months long, typically departs from the U.S. and reaches dozens of destinations along the way. Cruise Specialists offers World Cruises on every major cruise line and we have extensive resources available to ensure your World Cruise planning process is not only easy, but enjoyable!
In addition to our cruise consultants, who are your primary point of contact and truly know World Cruising inside and out, Cruise Specialists differentiates itself, thanks to numerous white-glove services we provide in-house:
- The Industry’s Most Experienced Voyage Hosts — Our hand-picked Voyage Hosts have collectively circled the globe dozens and dozens of times. Cruising along with our guests on select World Cruises and other hosted voyages each year, they add a valuable sense of camaraderie throughout the journey. Cruise Specialists Voyage Hosts ensure each guest feels welcome; host clients on Cruise Specialists shore excursions; assist with any unique requests; and in general, serve as a personal resource for Cruise Specialists clients during the entirety of their vacations.
- In-House Shore Excursion Department — Cruise Specialists provides remarkable tour opportunities for all of its World Cruise guests. We can arrange multi-day overland tours or other personalized tour options, including private car and driver services.
- In-House Voyage and Event Planning — Our operations team specializes in selecting and training of all Cruise Specialists Voyage Hosts; arranging for exclusive World Cruise Bon Voyage events; and the coordination of special services, arrival transportation, and group onboard programming — including private parties, dinners and luncheons, meeting functions, and keepsake gifts per voyage.
- The “Cruise Specialists Advantage” — World Cruise clients benefit from the highest levels of service from Cruise Specialists’ experienced Cruise Consultants and Voyage Hosts. Based on the voyage selected, clients may also enjoy complimentary onboard parties and exclusive shoreside events; along with complimentary shore tour dollars and surprise gifts — all with no service fees.
No matter the length of your cruise, Cruise Specialists is able to counsel you on all of the top luxury and premium cruise lines, which is in your best interests. If you contact a cruise line directly to book a cruise, those representatives can only tell you about their product. But we can help point out differences between the various cruise lines to make sure you’re selecting the best one for you.
“Helping our clients select the right cruise line, itinerary and stateroom are of paramount importance, no matter how long the voyage. And that’s just the start of the specialized attention our clients receive,” said Annie Scrivanich, Senior Vice President, Cruise Specialists. “The additional personalized services we provide help ensure that each and every client has a seamless, unforgettable cruise experience from start to finish.”
The Power of Travel Leaders Network
Cruise Specialists is a wholly-owned business within Travel Leaders Group. As part of Travel Leaders Network, we utilize proprietary programs that unlock even greater value for our clients. They include:
- Distinctive Voyages program — this cruise program offers hundreds of hosted departures each year, meaning if you reserve a select sailing through Cruise Specialists, you’ll receive the benefits of a Voyage Host and a Private Welcome Reception; plus a VIP Shore Event (or shipboard credit in some instances) or the option for a Private Car & Driver.
- Cruise Amenity program — because everyone likes to receive something extra, we offer special amenities such as Shipboard Credits, Prepaid Gratuities, Specialty Dining or other benefits on more than 3,500 sailings.
- Culinary Collection — Another popular and growing program offers more than 100 culinary-themed sailings, exclusively for Travel Leaders Network clients, including Cruise Specialists. Activities may include galley tours, a complimentary bottle of wine or champagne, specialty restaurant dining and more.
- Hotel and Air — Even though “Cruise” is our first name, our services are wide ranging. With the backing of Travel Leaders Network, we have best-in-class air and hotel booking tools and can access hotel amenities that you would not be able to receive on your own.
Feedback From Our Clients
We always look forward to touching base with our clients after each trip to hear how it went. It’s wonderful to hear positive stories and find out if there’s anything we can do to enhance their next vacation. Here are a few recent comments that provide an idea of the types of service we provide and the relationships we mutually cherish:
“Working with and planning trips with Diane [Ritchey] is a very special time. We have planned many many special trips with her. We start with a plan and everything always seems to work to be a very super vacation. My questions always have answers and they are in a short period of time. We have never met in person but we will always be happy with the work she has done for us.” — Myrt A.
“Bridgett [Quinn Webber] is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful, she answered all of our questions and added other very helpful suggestions. She is honest, trustworthy and an experienced Travel Consultant/Advisor. We will definitely reach out to Bridgett for any other Cruise Bookings.” — Jim D.
“Cliff [Bainum] responded to my emails and my calls quickly, answering my questions and connecting me to others when he did not have the answer. All my arrangements were made flawlessly. In that I live on a different coast, our times would not always match, but his responses were always within a couple of hours. He even got my Global Entry numbers tagged to Viking and all appropriate airlines without any problems. He was knowledgeable, making excellent suggestions, and easily available with a pleasant demeanor.” — Linda S.
To learn more about Cruise Specialists and our personalized approach to vacation planning, contact us today! We look forward to giving you the VIP treatment.
Explore destinations by looking at our cruise destinations map and seeing our featured destinations.