AmaWaterways has a new partner, BackRoads a leader in the active travel market! This new combination will provide the ultimate in both luxury and activity to river cruisers.
“In teaming up with AmaWaterways, we are excited to combine our trademark biking, walking and hiking experiences with the luxury of river cruising. With these ship-based adventures, guests will have the opportunity to conveniently explore European cities and countryside on a Backroads trip, with the bonus of only having to unpack once.” said Backroads Founder and President, Tom Hale.
These sailings will begin in 2015 with the 7-night Danube River Bicycling Cruise Itinerary.
- An ideal trip for a range of cycling abilities, featuring one of our most flexible itineraries
- Join local bicyclists as you pedal on the scenic Donauradweg (Danube bike path)
- Spin through the vineyards, orchards and villages of the Wachau valley, as beloved for its beauty as for its grüner veltliners and Rieslings
- Choose between more miles on the bike or expertly guided tours on foot
- Soak up the ever-changing views from your stateroom, knowing that you only have to unpack once
In 2016, a number of new tours will be available:
A special bonus today is a great interview with AmaWaterways President Kristin Karst and AvidCruiser Ralph Grizzle, discussing more about Backroads, Burma and Bordeauz.
Learn more about upcoming featured European River Cruises and contact our team to answer questions about this new exciting partnership!