What kind of food is served? What is there to do all day? Who else is on board? These are just a few of the many world cruise questions we receive all year long from curious cruisers.
Today we are excited to provide you with look at what our clients are experiencing right now on the Holland America Line Grand World Voyage, thanks to host Tom Mullen.
Let’s start with what is on the menu because we know that’s the first place we head after boarding the ship to begin a journey!
Executive chef Daniel Hrgic gave us a peek at what he’s feeding some of the current world cruise passengers! Following is just the lunch menu from one of their 180 days on this cruise. Here is what to expect from dining aboard Holland America on a world cruise.
- Tropical Fruit Medley -diced kiwi, mango, lychees, papaya, malibu dressing, shaved coconut
- Smoked Trout and Cream Cheese Mousse – baba ghanouj, toasted crostini
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Ancho Chili-Lime Aïoli – pickled cucumber salad, cilantro
- Brazilian Chicken Vatapa – jalapeño, light beer, coconut milk, cilantro, ground peanuts
- Chilled Beet Soup – fresh yogurt, roasted beets, carrots, honey, raspberry vinegar, sour cream, chopped chives
- Barbecue Chicken Salad – avocado, tomato, grilled corn, black beans, cucumber, romaine, barbecue ranch dressing, sliced barbecue chicken breast, crispy onion strings
- Bami Goreng – stir-fried noodles, chicken sate skewer, prawn cracker
- Lamb Burger with Red Pepper Jam * – toasted bun, apricot, mint, pistachio chutney
- Bagel and Lox *- boston lettuce, sliced tomato, red onion rings, smoked salmon
- Lamb Moussaka – eggplant, tomato, potato, ground lamb, béchamel sauce, feta, mozzarella
- Blackened Mahi-Mahi Tacos *- tortillas, shredded cabbage, mango salsa, pico de gallo
- Wild Mushroom Quesadilla – wild rice, guacamole, sour cream, salsa
- Cherry Pie – sweetened tart cherries, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream
- Grandma’s Rice Pudding – raisins, cinnamon sugar
- Wine Mulled Fruit – spiced apple, pear, fig, plum
- Fresh Fruit Salad – Orange Jell-O
- Vanilla or Coffee Ice Cream
- Mango Sherbet or Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
And can you imagine what dinner looks like if lunch is this high quality and delicious!
When guests aren’t enjoying these culinary treats, they have a wide array of options for their day. From relaxing with a book to a workout class to some Broadway style performances!
Later in the week, the evening activities might look like this:
And of course there is always entertainment!