All travel lovers have their own ideas about what the ultimate vacation would consist of.
Still, this one is hard to beat: a 26-day, around-the-world journey on a private luxury jet and in the company of Geoffrey Kent, the legendary founder of Abercrombie and Kent.
Kent designed the itinerary, which bypasses well-traveled destinations: don’t expect Paris or Hong Kong. Instead, the 50 lucky travelers who accompany Kent will visit places that don’t see a lot of tourists, from remote South Pacific Islands to the icy expanses of Greenland.
Here are just a few of the highlights of the Ambercrombie and Kent private jet journey:
- First, there’s the jet that will take you everywhere: a customized Boeing 757. It has handmade leather seats that recline a full 180 degrees. Touch a button for a relaxing massage or to adjust your lumbar support. It’s so nice that you may not want to leave it to stay in the fabulous hotels reserved for you all along the route.
- From Ft. Lauderdale, the jet will whisk you to Cartagena to experience the authentic flavor of Columbian life. You’ll browse street market stalls and have dinner in a city square. You’ll spend a day in the lively city of Bogotá, too.
- Everyone has seen photos of the moai – the spectacular stone effigies of Easter Island – but few have seen them in person. You will, along with the dormant volcano Rano Kau and the postcard-style vistas that abound on the island.
- Rangiroa is a pristine South Pacific island, where you can visit a pearl farm, watch local spear fisherman at work, and swim or dive with brilliant tropical fish.
- By this time, you’ll probably be thinking about staying in the South Pacific forever. When you stop in the Solomon Islands, you can learn essential skills such as coconut husking, building a house of palms and preparing natural remedies. You’ll also be a guest at a bride-price ceremony, where the family of the groom will offer appropriate payment in traditional shell currency.
- You’ll move on to the Philippines’ Bohol Province to see the Chocolate Hills and swim with whale sharks and get acquainted with one of the world’s tiniest and most adorable primates, the Philippine Tarsier.
- The mysterious land of Mongolia is your next destination, where you’ll explore the country’s spirituality and art; stargaze in the Gobi Desert; see a special presentation of archery, wrestling and horsemanship; and visit the Flaming Cliffs with an expert paleontologist.
- From the land of Genghis Kahn, you’ll move on to Uzbekistan, once home to another warrior king: Tamerlane the Great, who advanced his army from Samarkand all the way to Cairo, Egypt.
- Russia is protective of St. Petersburg, home to so many treasures. You’ll be able to cruise the city’s canals, visit the Hermitage and other incredible cultural sites, and be entertained by a private opera and ballet performance.
- For one more exotic experience, you’ll fly to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, then take a charter flight to the Ilulissat Icefjord. Just in case that doesn’t fulfill your Arctic dreams, you’ll have dinner in an igloo and hang out with sled dogs, too.
- Finally, you’ll fly to New York City, where you’ll enjoy a farewell dinner with your fellow travelers.
Clearly, this is a rare experience for travelers who have the necessary time, budget and sense of adventure!
We know these kinds of trips require advance planning and our team is here to help when you are ready to learn more or start planning!