Cruise Specialists hosts Steve and Wendy Bodenheimer are taking us along on another amazing journey. We hope this series shows you what you can expect on a Holland America Grand Voyage.
First was the kick off, then Costa Rica,Panama Canal, Chile, Patagonia, Antarctica, Argentina, Brazil, The Amazon, the Caribbean, the Canary Islands, Spain, the Mediterranean, Italy, Croatia, Greece and now the final stop in their Grand World Voyage (next voyage January).
We have had six days at sea to relax, pack, and say our goodbyes – always a little bit nostalgic for us. We have lived here for 4 months and become very attached to some of the staff and crew. They have treated us like part of the family and we hope we have earned their friendship.
This had been a really excellent voyage.
The weather was nothing short of spectacular, with only one day of rain during almost two months! The ship is very well run and Holland America worked hard to keep everyone well fed, entertained, and comfortable. We are all quite spoiled – having everything done for us – that’s the pleasure of cruising.
Our group has been great – fun, interesting, and energetic people who enjoy being part of the Cruise Specialists family. Our parties, dinners, and excursions were all well planned, well attended, and most enjoyable.
And then there was the itinerary: intense, diverse, and fun. We hope you’ve felt our enthusiasm for many of these places, but here is a recap of some of our favorites:
- The Canary Islands – worth a vacation all by themselves – stunning natural beauty with a variety of terrains
- Island hopping by vaporetto in Venice
- Barcelona – always a fascinating big city
- Patmos – a very special unspoiled Greek island
- Castiglioncello – a hidden treasure small town outside of the port of Livorno
- Hiking to the top of Mt Vesuvius – a spectacular and unique destination near Naples
- Lunch on a family farm in Zadar, Croatia
- The cable car ride and the village of Erice – the charming mountain town we discovered in Sicily
- Horta – in the Azores, another unspoiled island town
We hope you’ve enjoyed sharing this journey with us. And perhaps we’ve inspired a few of you to take a trip to some of these special places.
Lest you think Steven and Wendy are settling in for the year, they’re already on board another long time favorite sailing: Voyage of the Vikings aboard the msRotterdam.
Check out upcoming Grand World Voyages here >>