Cruise Specialists President Tom Baumann recently spent a fun-filled week onboard the 2012 Holland America Grand World Voyage with several hundred of his closest friends – our Cruise Specialists clients. During his week on the ms Amsterdam, he enjoyed reconnecting with some long-time Cruise Specialists clients as well as meeting travelers new to the “family”. Here are five highlights of his week at sea:
1. Rio Corcovado Tour. Cruise Specialists hosted a group shore excursion in Rio de Janiero to Corcovado (home of the world-famous Christ the Redeemer statue). Tom and twenty five Cruise Specialists’ guests took the company’s organized guided tour and enjoyed using Cruise Specialists’ own VOX headset boxes so they could hear and follow the groups’ dedicated tour guide as they wandered around. Tom explained “Everyone exploring the statue who wasn’t a part of our exclusive tour was GREEN with envy seeing our world cruise guests with headsets easily make their way around the site without losing the guide or our group.”
2. Cruise Specialists Chat Time: Tom and the Cruise Specialists escorts Tom Mullen and Ellen Bethel hosted a special chat time on the ship so Tom could visit with the Cruise Specialists guests and personally meet the new Cruise Specialists clients in the group. The chat time lasted two hours and 75 new Cruise Specialists clients stopped by to say hi.
3. Cruise Specialists Cocktail Parties: Cruise Specialists also hosted several welcome onboard cocktail parties for all the Cruise Specialists world cruise guests in the group. Along with the Cruise Specialists hosts, Tom and his wife Deann were pleased to welcome all the guests to each party. Everyone had a good time at these events laughing, taking pictures and enjoying each other’s company.
4. Industry Presentations: Tom hosted two brief presentations for Cruise Specialists guests in the Wajang Theater covering everything from what’s new in the travel industry, the future of world cruises, the recent Costa accident, and more. About 40 guests attended each presentation and a lot of great questions and topics were brought up.
5. Buenos Aires Highlights Tour:
Tom and close to 50 Cruise Specialists world cruise clients embarked on a wonderful city tour of Buenos Aires and visited the city’s famous cemetery followed by an amusing ride on the Buenos Aires subway and a stop for a snack at the famous Café Tortino. That evening, another group of Cruise Specialists clients enjoyed an exciting tango dinner show at Carlos Gardel. “This was my first Tango Show experience in Buenos Aires and it was absolutely out of this world!” Tom admitted. “The dancers were incredibly talented and all of our clients couldn’t stop talking about how fantastic it was. In fact, Tom (Mullen) said this was his ninth Tango show and bar none, the best one ever!”
As the pleasant week came to a close, Tom and Deann said their goodbyes and disembarked the Amsterdam world cruise. Sail with President Tom Baumann again next fall on our 10-day President’s sailing to Canada and New England, or check out the itinerary on the 2013 Holland America Line Grand World Voyage.